Edition 1496
13 October 2018
Edition: 1496

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

2017 at So Portugal a year in real estate

in Profiles · 01-02-2018 14:34:00 · 0 Comments

A year is a long time in any business and estate agency is no different. Reflecting on the last twelve months, however, it is instructive to remember that some things never change or do so only slowly.

2017 at So Portugal a year in real estate

Our clients still appreciate being expertly guided through an unfamiliar buying process and our help with the little things which make settling into a new country a challenge. If you don’t speak the language or understand local customs even something trivial like getting the electricity connected can seem daunting. That’s why we don’t simply confine ourselves to the property transaction alone.
What else hasn’t changed? Well the reasons for buying property here remain much the same; security, climate, lifestyle and an advantageous tax regime are some things which attract people to the Algarve. These are certainly the reasons which draw people from France, where we find a great many of our clients.
That brings me to something else which hasn’t changed, the high demand for property in the Algarve from French nationals. Our very strong ties to that country are bound to reflect in the makeup of our client base which has a very strong French and Francophone component (we see a lot of clients from Belgium for example).
So to something which has changed; demand from the UK. Brexit and the loss of value suffered by the pound led to a sharp drop in the number of enquiries we saw from British residents but we are now seeing much more activity again.
Something which changed for us at So Portugal, was a switch in the back office support for our website. This change means that our coverage here in Portugal will be much better and helps us work with other Portuguese agents more efficiently. Agents often quote the 25% of transactions that involve foreigners but that still leaves 75% which involve only Portuguese nationals. Our network of international portals is of course unchanged.
If you are selling in 2018 speak to us and see how we can make a difference.

For more information, contact Keith Wileman on Tel: (+351) 936862202 or email: keith@so-portugal.com

Comments

Be the first to comment on this article

Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.


Edition 1496
13 October 2018
Edition: 1496

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

Pub

  • Blacktower
  • Malo Clinic
  • Land and Houses
  • Veronica Pisco Lawyer
  • Audiocare
  • Wellness Dreams
  • Nobel International School
  • Bedrooms Extra
  • Abacoz
  • R.C. Brown
  • Toldolanda
  • Cris Piessens
  • Projection Dreams
  • Intermarche
  • Linen Etc
  • Intasure