Occupancy rate in Algarve in April 'highest in 20 years'

in Algarve · 07-05-2019 08:25:00 · 5 Comments
Occupancy rate in Algarve in April 'highest in 20 years'

Hotel occupancy rates in Portugal’s Algarve region were last month at their highest for that month in at least 20 years, the region’s largest hoteliers’ association announced.

In a statement the Algarve Tourist Resorts and Hotels Association AHETA said the average overall occupancy rate per room was 68.4 percent, up 12.1 [percentage points] on April 2018, with the Easter season having positively influenced the results.

Growth in turnover kept pace with that of occupancy in April, up nine percent on a year earlier.

Comments:

I've been visiting the Algarve for over 38years and thoroughly enjoyed every visit however looking at the price increases later in the year I'm afraid it's getting too expensive unfortunately I will be heading to mainland Spain as I will be getting more for my money

by C a Skinner from UK on 08-05-2019 03:22:00

The high occupancy rate is not surprising, more & more Canadians are going to Portugal instead of Florida since the 2016 Federal election. We ourselves have enjoyed Praia da Rocha for the last two years.

by Gourlay Deerin from Other on 08-05-2019 02:52:00

I am a Canadian and have visiting Portugal since 1983 and have been there about 50 times. First as a tour coordinator and now just because I love it! I recently purchased a quaint 1 bedroom in the historic part of the city, a 5 minute walk from the port and promenade, in Portimao. Only a 10 minute drive to the beautiful beaches of Praia de Rocha the choices for rentals are quite varied from simple hostels to luxury apartments and everything in between. A friendly, peaceful country with so much to offer. See you there!

by WARREN L VINER from Other on 08-05-2019 02:48:00

Not surprised to read this. I have only recently discovered the Algarve -Lagos. I hope to return in October for my 3d visit. Portugal & The Algarve are special, please keep it special.

by Anna from Other on 08-05-2019 12:13:00