Edition 1514
23 February 2019
Edition: 1514

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

Portugal among candidates to host Europride

by TPN/Lusa, in News · 15-01-2019 08:44:00 · 0 Comments

Portugal is hoping to host Europride, the world's biggest event celebrating gay pride in Europe, with its application standing out for wanting to spread diversity throughout the country rather than just in one city.

Portugal among candidates to host Europride

 

The initiative came from the association Variações - Association of Commerce and Tourism LGBTI which, with the support of the Portuguese government and the association ILGA Portugal, wants to bring Europride to the country in 2022.

 

The executive director of Variações told Lusa News Agency that the country is to hand in its letter of intent for the application on Friday at a meeting of directors of Europride in Lisbon.

 

Diogo Vieira da Silva said the next step would be to hand in the final document and budget in July. The winning candidate is to be revealed in Bilbao, Spain, in September.

 

The event could mobilise between 50,000 to 1 million people, according to the organisers.

 

The budget would amount to between €500,000 to €1.5 million, Vieira da Silva said, with 75% of the amount coming from private sponsors and the remaining 25% from public funds.

Comments

Be the first to comment on this article

Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.


Edition 1514
23 February 2019
Edition: 1514

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

Pub

  • Malo Clinic
  • Nobel International School
  • Veronica Pisco Lawyer
  • Intermarche
  • Toldolanda
  • Surveyred
  • Land and Houses
  • Blacktower
  • SurveyGreen
  • Abacoz
  • Audiocare
  • Cris Piessens
  • Linen Etc

Portugal in the world press

Powered by Google