State Secretary announces end to drought

in News · 01-11-2018 09:50:00 · 0 Comments

Portugal’s secretary of state for the environment, Carlos Martins, on Tuesday has ruled out the possibility of the country facing drought again this year, saying the country was going through a “calm” period.

His comments come after Portugal faced a dire drought last year, one of the worst in 20 years.
“This year, we don’t face any risk of that [drought] happening,” Martins told Lusa News Agency, during a break at a ceremony for the signing of a public works contract in the southern Alentejo region.

We are undergoing a calm period and we are now starting a time in which it is estimated it will rain more.”
He said the country had also invested €4 million to monitor the country’s water status.



Comments:

Be the first to comment on this article
Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.

Please note that The Portugal News may use selected comments in the printed edition of the newspaper.