2,000 to 3,000 Portuguese need repatriation support

in News · 24-03-2020 12:08:00 · 7 Comments
2,000 to 3,000 Portuguese need repatriation support

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Augusto Santos Silva, estimated today that between 2,000 and 3,000 Portuguese people abroad still need support to return to Portugal, admitting the possibility of new requests

"My estimate is that somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 Portuguese people abroad, among tourists, casual travellers and students, are still in need of support for operations back to Portugal," said Augusto Santos Silva.

The head of Portuguese diplomacy was speaking today to the deputies of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and Portuguese Communities of the Assembly of the Republic, where he was called by the Social Democratic Party (PSD) to provide clarifications on Portugal's support to Portuguese people abroad.

Comments:

Don't let them in Portugal
More risky cause of the virus.

by Anthony from Porto on 25-03-2020 05:42:00

My two children are in South Africa with my ex-wife. The economic collapse facing SA as a result of the virus will cause violence and crime levels to increase. Their lives will be in great danger.

by Leonardo Ferreira- from Algarve on 24-03-2020 10:50:00

Hi I am Muhammad Zeeshan live in Porto I stuck in Pakistan please help me to get out of here.becuse here is airport are closed till 4th April and I booked my flight 3th April please open flights for at least 1 month ou send some help to get out of here I am very scared and feel bad very bad.
Muhammad Zeeshan

by Muhammad zeeshan from Other on 24-03-2020 08:46:00

@Joao, I believe you can apply for medical exemption. A friend is trying to access New Zealand for similar reasons. I dont know if the situation has changed but if you can provide a medical certificate and comply with quarantine requirements before and after there may still be a chance. Call the airline

by Andrew from Other on 24-03-2020 08:15:00

Ask the people abroad to have some patience while the health care try to contain what is already in the country.
After which time the government can ensure their safe return according to priority. It is overwhelming to deal with every one at same time.

by Elizabeth from Algarve on 24-03-2020 06:56:00

We'll I somehow hope that the will be able to assist my family, the Portugeuse embassy in SA are not very concerned and my mom 92 my wife and I are stuck in SA and going for a 21 day lockdown,we had to cancel flights twice from Johannesburg to Lisbon, I have given up on trying to solve this problem, battling to survive as we try to stretch the available finance's as we don't know how long this chaos is going to Carry on ,my mom and I are seen as hi risk because of her age and hers and mine underlying conditions ,what do we do ?! Advise or assistance would be highly appreciated, thanks.

by Joao Carlos Bastos from Other on 24-03-2020 06:04:00

Hi sir/madam ,
Please reopen flights because my husband stuck in pakistan . I am sooooooo worried with 2 kids .we are so scar this situation .please reopen flights .

by Samia mubashar from Algarve on 24-03-2020 04:27:00