Which properties are covered by this support?
- Houses and apartments licensed for housing up to 31 December 2006.
- Houses and apartments licensed until 1 July 2021 for interventions related to heating and/or cooling systems and domestic hot water (DHW) using renewable energy, energy class "A+" or higher; installation of photovoltaic systems and other renewable energy production equipment for self-consumption with or without storage; and interventions aimed at water efficiency.
What kind of equipment can I install in my house under this support?
- Heat pumps
- Solar heating systems
- Biomass boilers and stoves
- Photovoltaic systems and other renewable energy production equipment for self-consumption with or without storage;
- Replacement of water-using devices in the home with more efficient ones and/or installation of solutions that enable intelligent monitoring and control of water consumption.
- Installation of rainwater harvesting systems
What work can I do in my home under this support?
- Replacing non-efficient windows with efficient ones, with an energy class equal to "A+";
- Installing or replacing thermal insulation in roofs, walls or floors.
On DECO's website www.deco.pt you can find out more about the application process, as well as the amount of the state contribution for each system you wish to install or replace.
If you have any questions or would like support in submitting an application to the More Sustainable Buildings Program, talk to DECO’s Energy Advice Office or contact one of DECO’s Housing and Energy offices near you. Please contact DECO by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+351) 21 371 02 00.
Paula Martins is a fully qualified journalist, who finds writing a means of self-expression. She studied Journalism and Communication at University of Coimbra and recently Law in the Algarve. Press card: 8252