Algarve Tourism Board launches "Remember me, Algarve" campaign

in News · 01-04-2020 10:10:00 · 10 Comments

The Algarve Tourism Board (RTA) has launched a new online campaign aimed at Portuguese holidaymakers in which it calls for them to think of the Algarve but stay at home, for now.

Circulating on social networks, the two-minute video urges the nation to return to the Algarve only once the pandemic is over. The production is narrated by Algarve actor João de Brito, who offered his services for free.

Comments:

We have visited the algarve for the last 15 years. Always staying in the Vasco da gama Hotel Monte Gordo. A fabulous place to relax and just be your self.
Beautiful beaches and scenery, last visited in February to escape the u.k weather.

By Margaret Omar from UK on 04-04-2020 11:13

Cancelled Easter trip, unsure about mid-June. Hoping for Mid-September... In the words of Arnie "I'll be back"

By David and Linda from UK on 04-04-2020 03:50

We had to cancel our holiday 22nd April but have reschedule for 6th October and can’t wait to come back to this beautiful place..we miss you..just love that smell when you step off that plane ????????????

By Debbie Croydon from UK on 02-04-2020 10:00

Had to cancel easter trip. Got june booked looks like I'm going to have to cancel this one. Christmas also booked please let me come I'm missing my grandchildren oh and my son who live in the algarve

By Sue from UK on 02-04-2020 05:31

We had our honeymoon planned for 17th May. We have visited Praia da Luz for 8 vacations. Love the people so much. We will have our honeymoon with Jan & Adrian in Luz. Stay safe Portugal. Love Margaret & Irwin xx

By Margaret McKenzie from UK on 02-04-2020 03:59

We go to algarve every year.most times albuferia.wonderful country lovely people.booked for october.for 12th year.pray things will be better here and there.

By Seamus keeney from UK on 02-04-2020 01:59

Will be back as soon as possible..
The Algarve is one of my favourite places on the planet ????

By Roisin Sheridan from Other on 02-04-2020 01:02

My holiday is booked for may 2nd sadly I won't be able to come.i have been holidaying in Portugal for many years and all being well I and my family will be back.meanwhile I wish your lovely people well take care.

By Suzanne Eder from UK on 02-04-2020 11:26

Booked for may and sept may not get may but I just hope we get there in sept just love algarve so much

By Diane Large from Algarve on 02-04-2020 11:02

Had to cancel are trip to the algarve for the last week in March so disappointed, can’t wait to get back ASAP to the best holiday destination and friendliest people on the planet, great food great value.

By Geoffrey Wingate from UK on 02-04-2020 09:09