SC Braga maintained their pressure on the top two with a victory at GD Chaves and after three winless games Sporting were back on song at bottom club Feirense.

FC Porto followed up their goal less draw at Vitoria de Guimarães with another lack lustre display at vastly improved Moreirense.
The home side took the lead fifteen minutes before the final whistle after David Teixeira reacted first to Rafik Halliche’s header against the bar to fire Moreirense ahead.

FC Porto rescued a point deep into stoppage time through Hector Herrera.

The Mexican international was found by a looping pass from Otávio, to grab his side a point with a side-footed volley from close range.

Benfica took the lead against Nacional after just thirty-three seconds through Alejandro Grimaldo with Haris Seferovic making it 2-0 in the twentieth minute. Even then there was no indication of the deluge that was to follow. Six minutes later Seferovic got his second. Four minutes after the break João Félix added a fourth.

A flurry of goals from Pizzi (54’), Ferro (55’) and Ruben Dias (64’) brought the tally to seven. There was then a twenty minute lull in proceedings before Rafa (87’) and substitute Jonas (84’/90’) added a brace to complete the rout.

The score matched Benfica’s win over Seixal in 1964; the last time any Primeira Liga team won by a ten goal margin. SC Braga continued their quest for a top three finish with a 2-1 home victory over Chaves.

It was not plain sailing for Os Arsenalistas as the visitors took the lead early in the second-half through Luis Martins.
Brazilian striker and Primeira Liga top scorer, with fourteen goals, Dyego Sousa headed home the equaliser in the sixty-fourth minute whilst it was another Brazilian Claudemir who volleyed home the winner ten minutes from time.

FC Porto are now only a point ahead of Benfica with SC Braga a further point behind in third place. Sporting 3-1 winners at Feirense, thanks to an own goal and a double strike from Bruno Fernandes, are seven points off third place.