Missing man in Pinhel found alive

in World · 24-09-2019 12:48:00 · 0 Comments

The 85-year-old man who had been missing since Sunday, 22 September, in the municipality of Pinhel, in Guarda district, was found alive on 24 September, GNR and Civil Protection sources told Lusa.

"He was found well and alive. He was four or five kilometers [away] from his area of ??residence," said a source from the GNR Guard Territorial Command.

According to the same source, the man was located on 24 September, around 11am, when "he was walking, accompanied by a dog, near the fence of an agricultural land".

The senior was taken to the hospital Sousa Martins da Guarda for medical evaluation.

The warning for the disappearance of the man, who lives in João Durão, locality of the parish of Freixedas, in the municipality of Pinhel, was given on Sunday at 6.30pm.

In the search were involved 16 operatives of the GNR, fire-fighters and military, supported by five vehicles and a dog tracker, the source of the District Guard Relief Operations Command told Lusa.


Comments:

Be the first to comment on this article
Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.

Please note that The Portugal News may use selected comments in the printed edition of the newspaper.