State of emergency in Portugal announced

in News · 18-03-2020 15:59:00 · 5 Comments

Prime Minister, António Costa, has announced that the Government supports the decision of the President of the Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, to enact a state of emergency in the country.

The communication was made by the Prime Minister after an urgent meeting of the Council of Ministers, which took place at the Ajuda Palace, in Lisbon.

Read the latest update here

Comments:

Staying in Monte Gordo with Sunshine Holidays, flight with Easy Jet. I'm due to stay a further 17days. Both the tour operator and airline just don't keep people informed. Information yes about cancellation of holidays from UK but mother for those stuck here. Dr John Gleadow

By John Trevor Geadow from Algarve on 20-03-2020 04:35

Ok I understand this but I flew with TAP
To Gambia 3 weeks ago on return ticket from London. Now my return has been cancelled by TAP with no notification to me and I am stranded in this and they are doing nothing to help me.

By David hyde from Other on 20-03-2020 10:22

Then please use your power, laws and authoritiy to enforce the Swedish embassy to provide me with an emergency loan into my regular Swedish bankaccount without any further delay so I don't have to beg on the street every day! So I can pay what I owe and get back my third suitcasr. And I do appreciate the help I have received by the Portugese people and other visitors.

By Hannah Telluselle from Lisbon on 19-03-2020 11:43

Good day,

It is a reasonable and well expected thing to be done to confine this virus. It is temporary measure and we need it to protect the lives. Without these drastic measures, many people could be wiped off by this virus.

By Sibusiso Mbethe from Algarve on 18-03-2020 10:28

Hi.
As a Portuguese, I feel confident on my government.
I know that we, I mean all of us, should do our best to stop this pandemic and the best way to do this is follow the SNS (NHS) advice because I'm trolley believe on them.
My family and I, we gonna our best to stay safe.
Thank you all those work in our SNS, you are a hero.
Bem ajam.