According to REN, "renewable production supplied 88 percent of electricity consumption in February, including export balance, and non-renewable the remaining 12 percent", making it "the highest renewable percentage since April 1979".

"The balance of exchanges with foreigner’s exporters was equivalent to about 20 percent of national consumption", according to the energy company, which also points out that "the consumption of electric energy presented a contraction of 3.1 percent comparing to the previous year, due to fundamentally to the leap year effect, with one day less".