Ryanair eyes up TAP’s cancelled Oporto routes

in World · 18-02-2016 12:38:00 · 0 Comments

Irish low-cost airline Ryanair is said to be considering taking over the four routes that
national flag-carrier TAP cancelled from Oporto.

Ryanair’s marketing director, Kenny Jacobs, said in a press conference in Lisbon on Tuesday morning that the airline is looking at TAP’s cancelled Oporto routes and sees them as “a great opportunity”.
TAP announced last month that it would be cancelling routes between Oporto and Brussels, Rome, Milan and Barcelona due to a lack of profit.

The Ryanair press conference was held in Lisbon on Tuesday to announce a new daily route between the Portuguese capital and Berlin.
The Irish airline currently operates 16 routes from Lisbon and 29 routes from Oporto, including three daily flights to Lisbon, a new route to Warsaw, and three new winter routes to Dublin, Liverpool and Valencia.
It also operates over two dozen routes from the Algarve to countriesincluding Sweden, the UK, Norway, Ireland, France and Germany.



Comments:

Be the first to comment on this article
Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.

Please note that The Portugal News may use selected comments in the printed edition of the newspaper.