More than 120,000 foreigners become Portuguese

By TPN/Lusa, in News · 13-11-2020 10:49:00 · 11 Comments

A little over 120,000 foreigners were granted Portuguese citizenship in 2019.

Brazilians topped the list of naturalisations, followed by Cape Verde and the Ukraine. The latest number brings the number of foreigners who have become Portuguese to over 500,000 in the space of the past five years.

Related articles

Comments:

No one should become Portuguese ever if they don't have the language. What an outrage

By isabel lima from UK on 18-01-2021 01:55

Portugal is the best country ever in the world ever

By Indira Sapkota sharma from Lisbon on 19-12-2020 09:56

Message Portugal is the best country

By nicholas kambaranda from Other on 17-11-2020 09:58

Hi this is hemant patel.

By Hemantkumar Patel from Lisbon on 15-11-2020 07:05

Respected Sir/Madam,
Is there any information regarding, when will the office open of SEF ,for appointment of dates for new fingerprint. It would be very grateful if any information can be given. Awaiting for your reply.
Thanks and regards,
Anthony Gomes.

By Anthony Gomes from Porto on 14-11-2020 09:52

Must i speak Portuguese to get my identity card, even after waiting 5 years?

By Worsley from Other on 14-11-2020 08:02

Must i speak Portuguese to get my identity card, even after waiting 5 years?

By Worsley from Other on 14-11-2020 08:01

I have lived in portugal for 15 years I'm 75 years old and would love to take on Portuguese nationality but my portuguese language is limited and I'm not sure I would pass the test. I'm a disabled ex serviceman so also cannot travel long distance and I understand the test must take place only at recognised testing facilities. Is there any way round these problems. HELP!!

By David from Beiras on 14-11-2020 02:45

Can anyone tell me why I have been fighting for nearly 11 years for Portuguese Nationality and...MY FATHER IS PORTUGUESE???

By Michael from Beiras on 13-11-2020 10:04

We are all portuguese, when we live here and enjoy

By Ole Ahm Jensen from Algarve on 13-11-2020 08:59

Portugal is the best country in world because Portugal help people for making visa I love Portugal so much
So many people around the world come to Portugal to live here and help this country and making there visas
God bless Portugal