Portugal’s first dog beach approved

in Travel · 31-07-2016 09:41:00 · 5 Comments
Portugal’s first dog beach approved

The creation of Portugal’s first dog-friendly beach has been approved.

The beach in question is the Porto da Areia Norte beach in Peniche, which was today given approval by Peniche council to be open to dogs.

The beach will feature a number of dog-friendly features and is due to be inaugurated on 6 august.

Comments:

I would LOVE to go to a beach where dogs are ALLOWED and one doesnot have to be away before 9 hrs am. I do walk my dog at 6.30... 7.00 am at Manta Rota, because of the heat now but OH boy how I would love to walk FREELY without looking if the GNR drives on the beach! I ALWAYS clean up after my dog,EVERYwhere by the way. Even though I c all the plastic,beer bottles, cigarette stubs/cartons,food,shoes... whatever... u can go on endlessly. So yes Mitchell, I will support a petition for a DOG beach at Vila Real S.A., Monte Gordo, Manta Rota. Does anyone know a wood where my dog can run freely, maybe a little CLEAN river even? I know of Sta. Rita Woods, where even paint,cement etc is dumped. Hope to hear from you!

By Thesi from Algarve on 08-08-2020 01:49

I am interested in starting a petition to present to the Vila real de santo Antonio Municipal to create a dog beach area from the guadiana river outlet extending 1000 meters. With sanitary waste can and supplies to keep it clean. If anyone has any information that would help feel free to contact me.

By Mitchell from Algarve on 29-06-2020 12:16

That's great news! It's not easy bringing a dog to a beach here in the Algarve and it would be nice if we had a beach or two that were dog friendly here. There are so many beaches here and we can't go because we can't bring our dog. We're responsible dog owners who clean up after him and keep him on a lead. People leave cigarettes on the beach that children pick up but you sadly Portugal outlaws dogs to all beaches. This new dog friendly beach is a great initiative!

By Camilla from Algarve on 17-07-2017 07:25

Thanku

By Patricia Chacon from USA on 18-08-2016 04:26

First beach for dogs??? Every beach we go we SEE dogs!

By Art from Lisbon on 01-08-2016 06:01