130,000 immigrants provisionally settled in Portugal

in News · 08-05-2020 01:00:00 · 15 Comments

One hundred and thirty thousand immigrants have been provisionally settled in Portugal during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Minister of Internal Administration, Eduardo Cabrita explained that the 130,000 foreign citizens who remained in good standing were those who had cases pending before the Foreigners and Borders Service until
18 March, when it was
decided to enact a state of emergency.

The minister said that these immigrants will continue in this situation until SEF assistance starts to operate fully, but he did not specify when.
Eduardo Cabrita stressed that the provisional attribution of this right to 130,000 foreign citizens allowed “the full right to healthcare” during this period.
“Portugal issued an order establishing that for 130,000 citizens who had a decision on their residence permit pending, a safeguard that guaranteed access to healthcare, social security support and various rights, such as entering into a contract lease or employment contract, ”he said.
The minister also highlighted the way in which Portugal guaranteed in a state of emergency “the principles of equality in relation to the most at risk”.

Comments:

Welcome to Portostan (portugal) - ''bem vindo em Portustan'', before Corona virus Portugal had very few immigrants! So imagine the situation now for immigrants there. Portugal is a very terrible for immigrants.

By Portogan from Lisbon on 23-07-2020 07:22

We request the Portuguese government to reduce the legal residence period from 5 years to 4 years to apply for Portuguese citizenship to all the foreigners as soon as possible.

By Ratrot from Porto on 03-07-2020 01:55

Even before Coronavirus, portugal didn't have anything to offer to immigrants so imagine now!
No jobs, no salaries, no support, uneducated people, homeless people, stateless people etc. Even the portuguese are struggling living in portugal and leaving for better countries.
So a massage to all immigrants in portugal "don't waste you life in portugal and go to another EU countries". Soon portugal will be under the feet of the world - with the lowest quality of life in the world.

By Rambo from Other on 05-06-2020 01:05

hi sir or madam I'm from Pakistan and I live in Spain now I have 2 years documents I like to change there in Portugal if is possible so please let me know how I can do this..thanks you..

By safdar ali from Other on 13-05-2020 10:55

Hello sir/madam my name is Sameer Raj l need work please help me

By Sameer Raj from Other on 10-05-2020 09:50

Hello, sir,or madam i need a good job please help ask...

By ahammed somrat from Lisbon on 10-05-2020 02:21

I just say stop immigration in Portugal because immigration make Portugal financial crisis.. Portugal government please stop immigration system..

By Singh from Lisbon on 10-05-2020 12:53

Hello Dear Sir/Madam. With due respect i have appointment for family visa to submit documentation on 9th of July. Still i am here in Nepal i was here on my vacation on January and i am stuck here due to lockdown is there any solution what should i do to change that Appointment date ? Thank you

By Suraj Hamal from Lisbon on 10-05-2020 12:30

I am a security & safety experience person.any organisation give me a chance to job under the authority.

By Maqsudur Rahman from Other on 10-05-2020 12:09

Good luck!
It will take a great effort on your part for you to move ahead, Portugal is bound up by it's own never ending stupid bureaucratic nonsense in the simplest of things let alone your major problems.

By Burt Yeats from Algarve on 09-05-2020 11:01

I have not been working for some time now, i need a job. I work with construction company (building) a professional in cement work.

By Kelvin Nwachukwu Uwayah from Lisbon on 09-05-2020 04:17

Hello sir/mam,
I'm a new immigrant here in Lisbon city. As per this news please tell us where and how we receive social benefits. B'cos of language barrier many peoples face problems .
We don't have jobs , also don't have money for daily needs , if we call to customer care numbers they also not speak English.
I also applied for covid-19 Emergency reinforcement jobs . I received a Registertion I'd last month. But after that nobody contact me regarding this job. I goto many office they also not sure what is the next process.
Like me many peoples stuck at the point of process. B'cos of lockdown we tried online but there is also no any solution .
I anybody have solutions please contact me ASAP.
Thanks nd regards,

By GURJEET SINGH from Lisbon on 08-05-2020 06:30

GOOD NEWS

By ABID HUSSAIN from Other on 08-05-2020 06:29

Hello sir,or madam I am parwinder singh my family has 3people appointment. Sef was chealled. I have need new appointment. My appointment is 31 march in lierria.

By Parwinder Singh from Algarve on 08-05-2020 04:25

Catastrophe pour le futur du pays!

By Michel Schuermans from Algarve on 08-05-2020 08:42