“Its matt surface with satin reliefs allows for a fascinating sensory experience and revolutionises the traditional glazed finish. The visual sensation conveys lightness and the tactile experience evokes pleasure. The end result is a copy that elevates creativity and appeals to positivism”. This is how Sanindusa presents the wall-hung toilet that has just been distinguished by the German Design Council, according to a report by ECO.

The textured wall-hung WC of the Sanlife series, developed by the company from Aveiro, received a special mention in the “excellence in product design” category of the German Design Award. It is one of the main competitions in the world of design, which in this last edition evaluated around 4,500 applications from 60 countries. The award was given to designer Melissa Vilar in Frankfurt, Germany.

Founded in 1993, Sanindusa employs more than 460 people and closed the year 2021 with a turnover of more than 40 million euros, according to data provided to ECO. More than half (55%) of invoicing takes place in international markets, accounting for sales in 90 countries on five continents.

In December, the Amaro, Batista, Oliveira and Veiga families, which together already held 44% of the capital, took majority control of the Aveiro group, which is one of the national leaders in the production of sanitary equipment. Through the company S-Zero – Cerâmicas de Portugal, they acquired the shareholder positions representing the remaining 56%, which belonged to four other families (Amaral, Rodriguez, Silva and Ribeiro).

Sanindusa currently owns five industrial units in Portugal, covering the areas of ceramics, bathtubs and acrylic shower trays, faucets and even fireclay. The portfolio also includes a factory in Spain (Unisan) and a company in the United Kingdom (Sanindusa UK).