Hotels could reopen from July

in News · 22-04-2020 09:37:00 · 6 Comments

Portugal’s hotels could start to reopen from July.

Raul Martins, president of the Portuguese Hotel Association (AHP), said yesterday following a meeting with the Prime Minister that most hotels could start reopening in three months time, and explained that a ‘seal of approval’ is being created to give peace of mind to guests.

According to Mr. Martins, the hotel industry "is dependent on aviation and aviation is conditioned by health security” (…) and the objective is to give the new ‘seal of approval’ to hotels that comply with "a specific protocol" that aims for tourists to feel safe.

Comments:

Obviously the safest approach to open up for the return of tourists is by upholding strict limitations on hotel openings. Let the short term rental industry accommodate the tourists. Accommodating people in say AirBnB rentals will keep people separated to larger degree. Hotels with their buffet breakfasts and cramped up elevators etc.is a trap for the contagious Covid 19 decease. Keep the hotels closed.

By Chuck from Lisbon on 23-04-2020 09:22

Is a good idea.good place in Oracle place all over the world that my best country on tourism. It is a beautiful country I am visit next 1 year. For Pakistani visa process very tough in those days my request to please visa for Pakistani rules and regulations very tough but I try to give me the tourist visa for Portuguese embassy.

By Aurangzeb Bari from Other on 23-04-2020 08:00

Bad odea

Covid 19 is deadly.
Mineyaking can come later once is flatten and life gets back to normal

Donr be to quick to open just close back again
Juizo na cabeca

By Atina from Other on 23-04-2020 06:17

Se Portugal deixa entrar touristas este verão Antes de haver um Tratamento ou uma Vaccina para o Covid19, vamos ter uma pandémica ainda muito maior do que temos agora!!!!

By Alda Fernandes from Lisbon on 22-04-2020 11:25

What about apartments?
I am trying to get a refund from an apartment in Porto and they are not replying. Booked for May, but all flights to Europe from Canada have been cancelled. I booked directly with the property.
Who can I contact for help?

By Barbara from Other on 22-04-2020 08:50

This is the time to make positive decisions for hotel industry and promote tourism moreover my opinion is to reopen hotels with full safty protocols

By Kamran uddin from Lisbon on 22-04-2020 11:55